Weekends are all about waking up at noon, walking around in your night shirt and enjoying lazy brunches with cocktails or a cold one. Here’s a quick recipe if you and beau aren’t feeling like a brunch on the town on a weekend.
Balsamic Egg delight!
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
4 large eggs
4 large onions (the more the onions the better)
2 large tomatoes (De-seed them)
4 Green chillies (You can reduce this to 2 if you like it mildly spicy or use a sprinkle of chilli flakes).
1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
2 Tsp White or Apple cider Vinegar
Salt & Pepper to taste
To garnish: a small bunch of cilantro or chopped chives.
- Slice Onions and De-seeded tomatoes lengthwise.
- Chop Chillies
- Heat oil in a pan and add Onions. I prefer adding the salt to the onions as they cook faster.
- After 5 mins into the sautéing add the Balsamic Vinegar and White Vinegar. Saute for about 2-3 mins and add the tomatoes and let cook for about 5 mins. Add Chillies or Chilly flakes and pepper and cook for another 2-3 mins.
- Make partitions in the pan in shape of Pizza slices and drop each egg into those slots. I sprinkled a little salt onto the eggs.
6. Cover and let cook for about 3 mins.
7. Once you have the desired consistency of eggs garnish with chives or cilantro and your ready to dig in.
Hope you try this out and enjoy it as much as my hubby and I did 🙂